Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Turning Plain Jane Canisters into Something Special

With the kids back at school, I have been able to start to tackle all of those little things that I didn't have time for all summer.  One of those little things was taking my plain, 
basic canisters and turning them into something a bit more special.
Here is the after photo...after a ten minute project using my Silhouette machine.
Here's how they started.  I always had them labeled so that I could tell them apart.  
My basic labels weren't really cutting it anymore for me.  
I've been a part of blogland too long now to be satisfied with basic labels anymore. Lol
I cut the frames and the letters out of black vinyl using my Silhouette machine.
The easiest way to transfer vinyl is to pull away all of the negative vinyl first.
Then I use clear contact paper and place it sticky side down onto the vinyl and rub until it adheres to the sticky side.  Then I peel up the clear contact paper and it's ready to adhere to whatever surface I am transferring it to.  Ten minutes later I had much cuter canisters.  
Even my husband noticed them over the weekend!
Don't you just love the quick and easy projects?

Do you love vinyl too?


-Judy
Pin It


Sharing with Stone Gable

11 comments:

Ange said...

Those look fabulous! Seeing stuff like this always makes me wish I had a cricuit or something like it. It's the little things that make us happy, isn't it? Enjoy the new labels!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Judy, these look great! Funny how something so simple can make a world of difference. Love it!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Haha! I still have the basic labels on my glass canisters. I even had to label the oil bottles for hubby.

Fiona, Lilyfield Life said...

Cute but I had to google bisquick. Never heard of it before. Not something we get in Australia!

Kara @ Petals to Picots Crochet said...

Wow! These came out great :)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a cute idea. They look amazing and I love the frame you put around them. Great job. Hugs, Marty

Gina said...

These look great! I have the same canisters.

AntiqueChase said...

does the contact paper work as well as the transfer tape? I bet it's a bit cheaper which I would like! I haven't tried either one with my Cameo yet. love the canisters!

Susan Anderson said...

What a cool machine!

My DIL uses vinyl a lot, and I do like it!

=)

At The Picket Fence said...

Those look darling Judy! :-)
Vanessa

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love the labels...gave an entirely new look to them...they are fantastic!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...