Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

French Graphic Basket

My parents were cleaning out their garage and were going to throw away a plain basket.  I knew I could do something with it.  Here is what I came up with:
I decided I wanted to add a French graphic.  I used the same graphic, from The Graphics Fairy, that I used on my chair makeover.
I started with a scrap piece of drop cloth I had left from other projects.  I used the freezer paper transfer method that I used on the table runner I made a few weeks ago.  The image transferred much better this time.  I sprayed the fabric with hairspray first and then I wet the fabric more than I did last time.  I am much happier with the result. 
I then frayed all of the edges and stitched a line on either side with embroidery thread.
I adhered it to the basket using double-sided tape.
I added some sunflowers and used it as a centerpiece on my kitchen table.
Adding the graphic turned a plain basket, which was headed for the trash, into something special.  

Can't wait to hear what you think.
Have a great weekend!
-Judy
Pin It

11 comments:

Gina said...

I love it! Such a great transformation to an ordinary basket.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

You turned an ordinary basket into a real thing of beauty!!...Love it....Have a wonderful weekend!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Judy! It's not a plain basket anymore!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Judy that looks so pretty! Enjoy your weekend!

Designing Domesticity said...

Cute. Great idea to give it some much needed umph. Well done. Thanks for sharing, liz

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh wow, this is stunning. I adore it. Gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Judy, what a cute basket! You did a great job!

Cindy The Victorian Journey said...

Great idea... looks so pretty...

At The Picket Fence said...

Love that Judy! You gave it new life! :-)
Vanessa

Cynthia said...

So pretty. One of my favorite graphics. I used them on clay flower pots.

Cynthia

bj said...

OOO, JUDY...I WANT that basket...I love it. I have one almost like yours, minus the personality you put on yours. :(
I am talentless and could no more do that transfer thingy than I could fly to the moon. You did a fabulous job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...