Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Peace, Love and Tennis

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend.  
I am still busy trying to put the finishing touches on my daughter's new tween room.  
Yesterday I became inspired and created the second piece of art for her room.
I knew I wanted to do something with a peace sign to pick up on the bedding in her room, and at the last minute I decided to add the words...which are completely perfect for her since she spends over twenty hours a week playing tennis.
Here's how I created it:
I started with a blank canvas that I painted Restoration Hardware Baby and Child Petal Pink to coordinate with the focal wall in her room.  I then used a flower paper punch to cut out flowers out of scrapbook paper.

I traced around a salad bowl onto white paper (I taped two pieces together) 
to form a template for my peace sign.   

I used the template to lay my flowers around to form a perfect circle.  Something just wasn't right.  Her new walls are more of a teal and this blue wasn't really cutting it.  I didn't have any turquoise craft paper. What to do, what to do?  Then I saw it in the garbage.  The Tiffany's catalog.  PERFECT!  

I used both the envelope and the turquoise pages to cut out my flowers in the right colors.  
I had just enough pages to complete my project.  
I only wanted to cut out the flowers where I could get only teal (no jewelry on the flower...lol).  
The outside circle was from the interior of the Tiffany's catalog and the peace sign part was from the envelope (they are slightly different shades of teal).  I adhered it to the canvas using one of those double sided tape sticks (looks like the white out sticks).  It was much neater than mod podge.  Unfortunately I ran out of the tape before the end of the project and had to finish it using one of my kid's glue sticks.
It still needed something else...that's when I decided to add a second layer of flowers above the Tiffany flowers.  I love the depth and dimension it added.
Using my Silhouette machine and literally scraps of white vinyl I had left over, I added the words.
I love how it coordinates with the subway art I created last week.
This side of the room is done (BTW that's an optical illusion...the two pieces of artwork are hung completely evenly - I even went to remeasure after seeing this photo).

Can't wait to hear what you think.  
Hope to see you tomorrow...I have a great giveaway planned.

-Judy

17 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That turned out great, Judy! I love that you used the Tiffany's catalog for the flowers. I'll bet your daughter is loving this room.

Unknown said...

It's all these pretty finishing details that make all the difference.

Anonymous said...

Bunkbeds For Sale are a very unique space-saving piece of bedroom furniture that comes in many different types and styles. Used mainly in children's rooms, though also commonly used in the military, as well as in recreational vehicles, this type of bed will serve many purposes. The bunk beds for sale today will also provide a do-it-yourself project for home enthusiasts and can be bought from most furniture stores.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love your art piece. It is perfect and you are so creative. I really like the design. Hugs, Marty

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Judy that turned out fantastic!! My 11yr old daughter would love that! Her room looks beautiful, she must love it!! Martina

Gina said...

Oh that's awesome! It turned out great & compliments your daughter's room decor perfectly.

At The Picket Fence said...

So cute and creative Judy! I'll be she just loves it! :-)
Vanessa

Debra said...

I love it! The Peace sign turned out so cute! Such beautiful colors. I am sure your daughter is enjoying her new space.

Linda Jordan said...

Such a cute project! The whole room is turning out adorable :)

Linda
http://lasteve1.blogspot.com

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Now that's a new way to use a Tiffany's catalog. lol

Your piece sign artwork is wonderful and looks so good in your daughter's room.

Dee

Susan Anderson said...

Darling, darling, darling.

I just don't have the superlatives to capture your abilities.

Seriously. I can't imagine knowing how to come up with and create such neat stuff.

=)

laxsupermom said...

That turned out great! I love both pieces of artwork. They both are perfect for her room. Ingenius using the Tiffany's catalog. Thanks for sharing.

Shiloh said...

I love it! It's so personal for her too.:)

Stephanie said...

Judy you did a wonderful job on her room. I love the art work! And the colors of the whole room, so sophisticated and yet still teen like. Great job!

Be Colorful Coastal said...

In a word, perfect. I am also a lover of Peace signs... more of an aesthetic thing than a political statement. :0
but I love the peace design combined with the flowers and the words that make it perfect for her. Great effort and results here. I love watching this room as it has come together. Thanks so much for bringing it to BeColorful's Motivated Monday.
Pam

Kellerbkwy said...

I love it! The Peace sign turned out so cute! Such beautiful colors. I am sure your daughter is enjoying her new space.

tom said...


Garena Free Fire is a battle royale game, developed by 111 Dots Studio and published by Garena for Android and iOS. It became the most downloaded mobile game globally in 2019.The game received the award for the "Best Popular Game" by the Google Play Store in 2019


free fire for pc
apn settings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...